Monday, December 27, 2010

How do you confront a friend?

What do you do when a friend is making a bad life decision?


One of my best friends is dating a guy who seemed like an amazing man of God at first. Now it is coming out that he doesn't agree with the bible and the things that it states. He believes he can smoke weed, and have premarital sex and do whatever he wants that pleases the flesh. Because God loves everyone and will never stop loving him. He thinks nothing he does will seperate him from God. My friend is so blinded by the love she has for him that she sees nothing wrong with his choices, she thinks he is just being himself and thats awesome.


When I voice my concerns she just thinks I am judging her and him. I know he isn't right for her but she sees him as a perfect man. She believes this is the perfect path for her life. All I know is every part of me dislikes this and dislikes that they are together.

They both go to Bethel school of ministry, and I can see him getting kicked out over some of what he has been doing. And my friend is from England and I can see her choosing him over the path GOD has called her to. She feels called to 2nd year, and at this point I don't see it happening. I can see them possibly kicking her out if she chooses him over all else. I love her so much but I don't want her to mess up her life.

All I know is it is possibly to move away from God's plan for your life...and I'm worried she is at a crossroad...and I am afraid she will move away from God's path.

I don't know what to do.......because to her everything I say is wrong....but I refuse to just give in and give my approval for the bad decisions....

No comments:

Post a Comment