So..this morning started out ok...not the best but ok. I went to my classes and then went to the prayer chapel at Bethel and had an amazing time with God. I left it feeling great. And I was super excited for my friend Nicola's 19th birthday which is today/thursday. But alas...drama happened with my friend Nicola and her roomie. It was bound to happen eventually because there were things Nic wasn't letting out and was keeping them to herself. But she put them all very nicely/politely into a letter and gave it to her. Well her roomie ended up throwing it all back at her and blaming it all on her. Which of course upset Nicola. .... Well long story short. Audree and I end up talking to her and make her feel better. Then we take her over to our friend Ed's room, (He's a brother to us) it's about 11:15pm. And we've prayed over Nic and started to cheer her up and all is going well, she is going to stay in my room for the night...for so space and time for clarity. It turns midnight, we all start singing happy birthday and all of the foreign students sing happy birthday in other languages. So....life is good. Until....I go up stairs to get Nic's stuff for my room and her roomie comes down into Ed's room and basically tells her... "Come on..Let's go. Come up stairs." I was SOOOO PISSED!!!. She just ordered her around after making her feel bad on her bday. She then proceeds to convince her to sleep in her normal room tonight. And the roomie acts like nothing is going wrong between them. Well that all went down at around 12:45...and it is now almost 2am...and I am still kinda upset about this.
You see....Nicola is family. And you do NOT mess with family...especially on her BIRTHDAY. I realize however that it is not my place to be so angry with this roomie. It is Nic's battle that needs to be fought it's not up to me. But unfortunately I can not shake this basic instinct within me.
Its so frustrating....this learning patience, and forgiveness, and I need to be an example....my anger was not a good one.
No comments:
Post a Comment