Saturday, February 20, 2010

His Love

Tonight I worked the Prophetic Room at Club Retro. It showed me why we are Christians. Why we believe in this AMAZING God of ours.

We go through stages and seasons where we have a heart for one thing or another. There was a time when I was at Club Retro all the time. Where I loved prophesying over people, it was amazing and it brought me joy to see what God had to say for people. But things happened in my life, and I felt like I couldn't hear as well as I thought I did. That I wasn't someone who was supposed to be working there, that I didn't fit in. There were some things that I saw that I didn't agree with and I became jaded. So I stopped going for one reason or another.

Eventually, I stopped feeling like I should even be at the Church. I thought people hated me, or at the very least disliked me. I thought that I wasn't wanted in the church. So for a while there, when I did go it was out of some "requirement". And then there were times I didn't go at all.

But I came back, and just recently I've started to work at Club Retro again. At least working the Prophetic Room. This is only the 2nd or 3rd time I've worked it in a very long time. The last time before this, I felt so out of place. So out of my element. I was giving words to people and they seemed totally off. The experience made me dread doing it again.

I have been in a low place recently, just not feeling right. Feeling like I couldn't hear what God was saying. It always sounded like he was talking but from the other end of a very very very long tunnel.

But last night, friday night, I was reminded that God loves me. He is always talking to me,that if he can speak to a deaf man. He can speak to me. I was reminded that I'm meant to be out there doing good things. It made me realize I have so much to be happy for and grateful for. I realized that we don't have to worry about the little problems, but just rejoice and know that we are loved.

Tonight I worked the prophetic room. I hadn't planned to but I did, and I am so grateful for this opportunity. We spoke into 8 lives. But I saw the looks in each and every one of these young people had when they heard the truth that God has for them. I was able to look into their eyes and tell them God loves them and see the reality of his love hit them. One girl has an abusive father, the other her dad just last week committed suicide. And i was able to tell them that GOD Loves them, and when they cry he cries, when they hurt he hurts. When they are scared and alone, he is right there with them. That God loves them and would never hurt them, and would always be there for them, speaking life into them, and would be there if they called.

Young people had their lives changed. And as God changed their lives he changed mine.

Their are so many hurting people in the world. We have to reach out to them, give them a word from God. It might be the very thing that helps get them through the hard times.

I love seeing people going all out for God. But I find it even more beautiful to see people realize the Love God has for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment